• show-popup

Product / Service Intoxalock Car Device
Location Houston, Texas
Category Equipment
Views 266

I am a first offender in a DWI situtaion and I am very sympathetic to the ones that have suffered severly in drinking and driving incidents but I must say in my whole process of "punishment" has nothing added up.The whole thing is a money making scheme, not a learning experience and people wonder why there are repat offenders.

I have been made to have an INTOXALOCK device in my car and what a joke that is. The whole thing is ridiculous outside of a million issues, one being the worst costumer service in any field i have been involved in, (but why have good costomer service when the punishment is a requirement) it kind of sits with the post office. On my way home this evening in the dark, i drive a standard vehicle and I happened to stall out at a huge dangerous intersection and had to wait two minutes in order to get my car started and out of harms way where cars where approaching me from behind going about 40 miles an hour.

There is so much wrong with this picture.Thats the least of the poblems they have caused. 3080c67

Comments (11) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Nov 01, 2013
My biggest problem with the customer service is the reps DON'T KNOW THE *** DEVICE! I waited on hold about 20 minutes today to ask a few questions as I've only had the device a few days. The woman's computer went down and she was helpless. I mean I asked her how long after I start my car I have before my horn starts going off and she couldn't answer it. I wanted to know why the *** they put a camera in my car without letting me know, or why the first CSR I spoke to told me that it checks you "every 25 to 45 minutes", when I've found that clearly isn't the case!
Reply to justme1986

Nov 01, 2013
Reply to justme1986

Jun 29, 2013  from Seattle, Washington
CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT - email me at intoxalocksucks@hmamail.com

I have read enough reports on this site and others to confirm that I am not the only one who has had a terrible experience with this company. I am trying to file a class action lawsuit, please contact me if you've had a similar experience. I just got off the phone with a customer service rep who flat out refused to give me even her name, and then when I asked to speak to a supervisor was told that I could be transferred to voicemail. I asked her to please have the supervisor contact me when available, and asked when that would be. Not only did she refuse to even give me a ballpark estimate, she wouldn't even give me a day when the supervisor would get back to me. My car has been sitting, dead of course because this product is a piece of junk that ruins car batteries, in a Car Toys parking lot for 4 days now. 3 days ago I had another hour long phone call with another very rude Intoxalock rep who insisted that it was basically my problem and that my battery was the cause of the recalibrated device not working. It took me putting the Car Toys technician on the phone with her to confirm that it was not my battery, it was their faulty device, before she would even listen to me. At that point she guaranteed me that they would overnight a replacement part and it would be in by Saturday. It's Saturday, no part, my car is still sitting dead in a bad part of town, and I couldn't have had a more rude
... Show more
Reply to Swaintek

Mar 20, 2012
I will be having the device installed on Friday and now I am scared that it will drain my battery or lock me out when I know there will be no alcohol in my system. What can you say to me that will keep me from being scared to see my mother that lives 138 miles from me. I truly am worried now.
Reply to A Holland

Feb 02, 2012
find out where your politians hang out for a drink then run into them as the leave the bar so they can get charged for drunk driving.
If you have no old car to plow them with then wait on them outside and suckerpunch em.
Reply to billy bob

Jan 04, 2012
lmfao! i love reading all these drunk driver comments about how this is a money scam. no ***! guess you should've called a cab retard. and to all the people whining about how these are a safety hazard, do me a favor and wrap the intoxalock cord around your neck and die!!!!
Reply to intoxalock is my hero

Jan 03, 2012
Jules - You work for a bunch of crooks, who prey on people already in a bad situation. Your product is garbage - I just went out to my car after a long weekend of no driving and the faulty intoxalock drained my f&%$ing battery. You can all burn in *** for making me miss work and losing money that would be going into your cheesy company's account anyways.
Reply to ugh

Dec 27, 2011
Not happy this.morning family member had to move car and blew to soft three times and locked me out. thats bull NOT pleased what so ever with intoxalock
Reply to Derrick

Dec 16, 2011
Hello Ernie2000,
My name is Jules, I work for Intoxalock and I would like to address your concerns. I apologize for the service you received. We do not ever want any customer to feel they were treated the way you are describing. We also understand that having this type of device installed can be a lifestyle change for any person and it is our goal to make each and every one of our client’s experiences with the Intoxalock as smooth as possible.

In regards to your vehicle stalling, the two minute countdown is actually a safety feature for situations similar to the one you were in and I apologize that our team did not clearly explain it to you. When your vehicle is shut off for any reason, you can restart your vehicle during those two minutes without having to resubmit a breath sample and so you can get to safety as soon as possible.

Again, I apologize for any inconveniences you have experienced and I invite you to please contact me at 877-777-5020 to if you would like to further discuss your situation.
Reply to Intoxalock

Nov 23, 2011
Sounds like you were too drunk to get past the INTOXALOCK.
Reply to Satan

Read next Intoxalock complaint

Intoxilock Customer Service

I had to get my car serviced so I called Intoxilock just as they instructed me to do so.I took it to...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Intoxalock.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug