At 11:30 pm on December 30th, I was done with work at a nursing home. I went out to my vehicle which was the only one in the parking lot to start my car.

It was -14 degrees in MN. I have a 2017 Ford Edge and have had no battery problems. I also have been taking the device inside when really cold to save on my car’s battery as suggested by the car repair shop that installed it and the intoxalock user manual. After blowing several times and it telling me “invalid breath” it went into a lockout status.

I received a message in my email that stated I needed to pay a lockout fee of $75. Anyways to make a long story short, I have had to pay 2 of these fees (taxes are added on to these fees). I have spent approximately 4 hours of my time on the phone either Intoxalock and I’m still scared that I will be stranded somewhere without a way to get home in the subzero weather.

I feel that this Intoxalock device has been endangering my life. I believe that I have been exceptionally responsible for my driving offense and agreed to have and use this device, but do they have to keep putting me in danger and charging me for it?

Review about: Intoxalock Ignition Interlock Device.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments