Reply by Intoxalock

Dear Sherri,

We apologize for any negative experiences you have had with our company. A supervisor has been notified of your concerns and will be in contact with you to revisit your experiences and help resolve them. We appreciate your patience.
Author's
1.3
Turnaround Time

This device is not capable of performing in cold temperatures.Why is it offered in the Northeast?

By law I have to have the device for one year...of which I have six months left. We have had temps in the single digits and some negative numbers and this device will not work unless I literally shove it under my clothes next to my body for several minutes to warm it up. The warming feature on the device does not operate in these temps. Keep in mind I am now in freezing life threatening cold for ten minutes sometimes fifteen to get it working.

Having to try this several times daily to start my car caused the device to drain my battery leaving me stranded in -7 degree weather which could have cost me my life. I believe I lost my priveledges due to my DUI but I did not expext to lose my rights or life because of it. New battery connected and it doesnt work at all..just keeps trying to sync and gives me various error messages. I called Intoxalock for 12 hours with no answer...when I finally got someone halfway through troubleshooting back in my freezing car the line went dead.

I did not receive a callback and tried calling them with...surprise! No answer again. So on top of my monthly lease of the device and recalibration fees....I have now spent an additional two hundred dollars on a battery and am now incurring a towing fee and fees from the mechanic. As well as missed work which is unpaid.

As a single mom this is a hardship. Oh and let us not forget being stranded in subzero temps which could have cost me my life and my children's life had they been with me. Thankfully they were not.

Bravo Intoxalock.Bravo.

Review about: Intoxalock Ignition Interlock Device.

Reason of review: Bad quality.