Reply by Intoxalock

Dear John,

We apologize for the trouble you have experienced trying to contact our customer service line and are sorry to see you are having battery issues with the cold weather. We will be looking into your case in order to make necessary changes to our customer service experience. A supervisor has been made aware of your complaints and will be getting in contact with you. Thank you for you your feedback.
Author's
2.0
Turnaround Time

After having the interlock installed in the fall, I had to have a brand new battery installed only one day after I got the interlock installed as it was draining the battery I had.Worked fine until winter hit.

I live it Rochester, NY and it gets cold here. The last week has been a mess. With the temp in single digits, the interlock drained my brand new battery dead a a door nail. I had to buy a portable emergency jumper to start my car.

I drive it for 30 minutes and shut it off. The car then refuses to start again. It appears the INTOXALOCK device drained my 1 month old battery so dry that my alternator (which is running fine) cannot charge the battery anymore. $135 for that new battery down the tubes.

I cannot afford to get a new battery and refuse to do so if the interlock is just going to ruin that one too. And their advertised 24/7 customer service is a joke! I was on the phone for 35, 45, 33 minutes in one day trying to figure out what the *** was wrong and NO ONE ever answers! I wish I had read the reviews here before deciding on INTOXALOCK.

I should have gone with Drager or someone else. Now whenever I want to start my car, I have to lug the portable jumper with me and "jump" it everytime after I turn my car off.

As I can seem to get no answer from calling the 24/7 help line, I expect INTOXALOCK to contact me ASAP to help me resolve these issues.If issues are not taken care of within a reasonable amount of time, my next step with be the BBB, then after that switching to another interlock company (and I refuse to pay the $200 early termination fee as it is a faulty, unacceptable device.) RIDICULOUS!

Review about: Intoxalock Ignition Interlock Device.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Customer service non-existent, Battery drain to point battery unrecoverable, Poor performance in cold weather.