Ask a question

We will try to contact this business to get an answer for you.

Post answer

device reporting

When you go and get your device recalibrated and the dealer sends the info to the state what exactly gets sent? Every date and time you started the vehicle? Or just when a violation occurs the date and time?

elenashynkarenko

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your review, a supervisor has been notified of the question you have and will be in contact with you to answer this question and any others you may have. If this supervisor is able to answering your questions we would appreciate it if you would update your review to show it has been resolved.

Removal, disconnect

I need the email address. They gave me (compliance support@intoxalock.com) but it's not going through, can you help please.

Show

What do I do with the paperwork I receive at the service center during removal?

darina

This will vary, based upon your state. Many times, that paperwork may need to be provided to your monitoring authority. In other states, the paperwork is for your records and does not need to be shared (Please refer to your User Manual for your state's specifications.)

If you have any further questions or concerns, we would love to hear from you! Please call 888-283-5899 to speak with one of our Customer Service representatives and see how they can resolve your problems today!

Show

How do I close My Account?

darina

After the device has been removed, you will need to call and speak to the Recovery Department to close your account. If you received equipment shipped directly to your home, please make sure that you return the equipment immediately following removal, and then contact Intoxalock to fully close your account. For more information regarding your account information, please refer to "Ch. 5: Account Information" in your User Manual.

Show

What happens if I miss my required calibration appointment?

darina

Timely completion of your state-required calibration is a critical component of maintaining an Intoxalock. Failure to do so may result in reporting to your monitoring authority. Furthermore, if the device is not serviced prior to the calibration countdown expiring on your handheld, your vehicle will not start and the unit will display, "NOT SERVICED IN TIME." Should this occur, you may incur additional fees from needing your vehicle to be towed to the Service Center or from requiring a mobile installer to come to you (where applicable). Please refer to "Ch. 3: Calibrations" in your User Manual for further information.

To access your User Manual online, please login to your account https://myaccount.intoxalock.com/login.aspx and then clicking on "Get Help" under the "Support" section at the bottom of the page. Then go to the "More Resources" section at the bottom of the page and click on "User Manual".

What is a Lock Out?

darina

A Lock Out is a state mandated function that will not allow you to start your vehicle. If your device is saying Lock Out followed by a timer that is counting down in minutes only, you are in a temporary Lock Out. Once the timer has expired, you will be able to start your vehicle with a passing breath sample. If the timer started counting down in days, this is a service Lock Out. You will need to contact Intoxalock at 888-283-5899 to order a new device. Once the countdown on a service Lock Out expires, you will not be able to start your vehicle until you have a new device. You will be responsible for all fees.

For more information, please refer to "Section 2.3 - Lockout" in your User Manual or view the video titled "What is a Lockout?" on the Support & Videos page of your My Account. To access your User Manual online, please login to your account at https://myaccount.intoxalock.com/login.aspx and then clicking on "Get Help" under the "Support" section at the bottom of the page. Then go to the "More Resources" section at the bottom of the page and click on "User Manual".

Show

I missed a rolling retest, am I going to go into a Lock Out?

darina

If you do not take the first request for a rolling retest, your Intoxalock will continue asking for additional tests. (Please refer to your User’s Manual for your state’s specifications.)

Show

My vehicle won’t start and I think it’s my Intoxalock. What do I do?

darina

First, make sure you do not put your keys in the ignition until Intoxalock says “Passed, Start Car”. If your vehicle still won’t start, please contact customer experience at 888-283-5899 from your vehicle. We need to know what the LED screen on the hand held is saying to be able to help you as quickly as possible. For more information, please refer to your User Manual.

To access your User Manual online, please login to your account: https://myaccount.intoxalock.com/login.aspx and then clicking on "Get Help" under the "Support" section at the bottom of the page. Then go to the "More Resources" section at the bottom of the page and click on "User Manual".

Show

I am having problems activating my device, what do I do?

darina

First, take a few slow deep breaths without blowing into your device. It is understandable, especially if you are new to the program, that it may take multiple attempts to successfully submit a breath sample. Second, count the beeps when you’re blowing. You will need to blow into the device 2-4 seconds (beeps), then inhale back through the device for 2-4 seconds (beeps), and then blow back through the unit again until it signals that it has accepted your sample. When changing from blowing to inhaling and back to blowing, do not take your mouth off of the mouthpiece, you’re just changing the direction of the air flow. The technique is similar to heavy breathing, out-in-out. Please refer to your User manual for more information.

To see more information regarding how to give a breath sample, please visit us by clicking on the following https://www.intoxalock.com/ignition-interlock-devices/how-to-pass-iid-test

To access your User Manual online, please login to your account: https://myaccount.intoxalock.com/login.aspx and then clicking on "Get Help" under the "Support" section at the bottom of the page. Then go to the "More Resources" section at the bottom of the page and clicking on "User Manual".

Show

When I shut my vehicle off, do I have to wait for the countdown to expire before I can get out of the vehicle?

darina

No, as soon as the countdown appears, you may exit your vehicle. We do caution you however, to make sure the countdown appears. It is possible for Intoxalock to ask for an additional breath sample. If you do not take this test, it could be considered a refusal and your Intoxalock may enter into a Lock Out.

For more information regarding turning your vehicle off, please refer to "Section 2.4-Turning the Vehicle Off" in your User Manual.

To access your User Manual online, please login at https://myaccount.intoxalock.com/login.aspx and then clicking on "Get Help" under the "Support" section at the bottom of the page. Then go to the "More Resources" section at the bottom of the page and click on "User Manual".

Questions 21