Show reviews that mention
device customer service service car customer money interlock phone unit people
Filter review

What Their Customers Are Saying

?

As a service, Pissed Consumer allows customer testimonials to be provided by the paying client on a regular basis

Car repair company locked me out ggrrr

Intoxalock
I dont recall ever having a complaint with anyone at Intoxalock! My *** was with the car repair place. Even tho I left them plenty of mouth Pieces and showed the manager your video on my Intoxalock how to start my engine, someone there managed to put me in lock out gggrrrrr. However, it all worked out. I took my vehicle to my Intoxalock guy. He went a head and calibrated my Intoxalock box I paid him the full amount and my next calibration jumped to June. I had 12 more days or 11 more days I cant remember that I had to get my car calibrated. I was irritated that I was going to have to pay for my calibration twice in one month. Turns out I didnt because you guys are Awesome, and as always...... took super care me. Thank you. I always refer people to you in my DUI class because you guys are the bomb thank you! Your very happy customer Melissa Borck Happy Ps I was never pissed at you, it was the Auto repair shop that pissed me. They locked me out and never called to tell me. Stall healthy yall

AMAZING

Intoxalock
I have been extremely stressed out about the process of getting my interlock put in. I finally made the call and it was such a great and easy experience. Tish was amazing, answered all my questions and more in full detail. She was super sweet throughout the entire process and was so reassuring. I’m definitely grateful she was the one to pick up my call and i will definitely be calling her directly for any further questions i have!
Read

Great communication and customer service!

Intoxalock
Great communication and customer service all around from mike Chatman made my experience much easier and better and sold me on using intoxalock by his communication and customer service rather than going with another provider which I was intending but with how easy it was to get a hold of him and to just talk to made my decision and with his extra work was able to get me next day installation
Intoxalock's reply to:

I can't get my calibration because my car broke down

Hello Demetria, I'm sorry to hear that your car is broken down. In most states we do have mobile technicians that can drive to where the vehicle is located to do the recalibration. Also keep in mind that if the lease is not signed or if there is a past due balance we wont be able to send the recalibration order. If your still in need of assistance please reach out to me at 515-204-2573 or 515-461-2248. Thank you.
Customer service representative

I cant get my calibration done because my car broke down since June 23rd and I have no way to speak to anyone

Not starting

The device is alcohol specific, which means it will detect alcohol from any source. Any product that contains ingredients ending in OL or YL can cause the device to pick up a reading. There is a small disc inside the handheld that will only react when alcohol is detected.
What you can do to avoid readings on the device is wait 15-20 minutes to give a sample after eating or drinking. Keep water in your car and rinse your mouth before giving a sample. As you stated, there are some things we use every day that we don’t necessarily think about but that can cause a failed reading such as mouthwash, hand sanitizer, perfume or cologne, and liquid cold medicines.
ID

Worst customer service ever and the thing will go off if you Use hand sanitizer cologne or or even toothpaste that contain alcohol in it this is ***

User's recommendation: Find something other than Intoxalock.

Intoxalock's reply to:

I talked to a person yesterday and they said they would waive the 75.00 lockout fee but it is still on there please help 985348****

Hi Heather, I've added the lockout credit to your account as you stated you was told it would be waived. For future reference if an issue like this arises you can contact a member of Intoxalock management team directly at 515-204-2573 or 515-461-2248
Full refund

Waive the 75.00 lockout fee bc it had only been 10 days I talked to a person yesterday and they told me the fee would be waive this last time

DISSATISFACTION!!!

Hi Misha, I wasn't able to locate your account with the provided information. The fax number you're looking for is 515-564-2020. You may also give me a call if you have any other questions, comments, concerns. My direct line is 515-204-2573 or 515-461-2248.
Answer a simple question

Once they figure out how to get your money, no one is available ever again. None of the numbers get you to anyone who will actually attempt to serve the customer....

only recordings offering limited options.

I was told to fax proof of installation in immediately, but once I got home and went through the paperwork, there was no fax number provided.

Now when I try to call any of the other numbers, I get the same useless recording and no option to address my issue or speak with a human. Ridiculously poor customer service!

User's recommendation: Don’t use this company until you carefully research reviews on customer service.

Intoxalock's reply to:

Cannot get anyone on the phone

We put great importance on the quality of our services and the satisfaction of our customers. Please reach out to us at your earliest convenience to discuss a solution to your problem together. You can reach a Manager assigned to remedying this matter at 515-204-2573 or 515-461-2248. We're so sorry that your experience with us fell short of expectations.
Service
Intoxalock Technical Support
Let the company propose a solution

I am being charged way more than what was discussed, Im getting $75 lo fees and I should not among other charges. I need to talk to a human not a damn recording! This is all new to me and I am not getting ANY answers!

User's recommendation: Check around.

Issues

Intoxalock - Issues
Intoxalock - Issues
When I applied for the intoxalock service I had paperwork where I'm disabled and the paperwork stated I would not owe any bills for a year or up to $2500.00 and so far I have been charged every month for the service and that is not legal that is extortion and that is illegal its nothing but a company taking advantage of a person that's disabled and I will have my attorney look into this

User's recommendation: NEVER USE INTOALOCK SERVICE USE DIFFERENT COMPANY THESE PEOPLE ARE CROOKS.

Preferred solution
Full refund and no monthly charges like I was told when ordered.
Intoxalock's reply to:

Need help with removal process

Hello Joshua, after review of your account you lease ends 5-27-21 in regard to the removal of your device it will be deemed eligible once your monitoring authority states your able to have have the IID removed. Once you get that date from them you can contact customer service at 877-777-5020 and let them know the date you was provided. We can then contact your service center to set up a removal for on or after the provided date. You also don't need to fill out the dui assessment center info if it doesn't apply to you as there is only some states that require this.
ID

I have never in my entire life dealt with a more complicated process. When we leased the Intoxalock Device the lady with Sales could not have been nicer.

The lease expired on 5/8/21. I have been trying to get help since 5/3/21 to no avail.

I am trying to update My Account. WHAT IS A DUI ASSESSMENT CENTER???

User's recommendation: Not no but *** No!

Horrible Experience

To follow up on your complaints and get in contact with a supervisor, please call 515-564-2037 or 515-461-2248. The supervisor you speak with will work with you to resolve the problems in your review.
Preferred solution
Nothing, don't call me. I'm all done with them, device was removed, approved by the MA RMV.

Update by user May 26, 2021

There are 7 National vendors of Ignition Interlock Devices that have local installers in Massachusetts. They are:Draeger (800) 332-****Sens-O-Lock (800) 219-****Guardian Interlock (800) 499-****Smart Start (800) 880-****Lifesafer Interlock (800) 987-****Consumer Safety Technology (Intoxalock) 1-87*-***-**** - Don't use themAlcohol Detection Systems 1-888-STOP-DUI

Original review posted by user May 20, 2021

This has to be the Worse Company I've ever had to deal with. Like all who have had a Breathalyzer for mistakes we have made, this company is by far the worse company offering Breathalyzers.

Initially I had to have my entire device removed and reinstalled three times during a 6 month period. Defective equipment, false reading, lockouts, (no fault of mine), the list can go on and on. Each time I had to have my vehicle towed to the repair shop at my cost.

2. Unit often freezes during the winter.

You need to keep trying to blow and hope your warmer breath will defrost the unit. In addition, it drains your battery during the night, only in the winter. I had to get a jump start 4 times from a towing company, December 2020 January 2021.

3. Try to contact them, via, phone, usual wait time is 15 57 minutes, the 15-minute wait is far and few between, average wait time is 30 plus minutes.

During the wait time the music they play inclines you to just hang up, obnoxious.

3. Try to contact via, Live Chat, you usually get virtual assistance from Stephanie or Andy, you go through the whole process of entering the information they request, and then they say, "No Representatives are Available".

Then it goes to "Rate Your Experience".

4. The handheld unit they provide is heavy, to long, annoying to use, (you need lungs like Superman).

In Massachusetts the RMV will give you a list of approved vendors, don't go with Intoxalock you'll be sorry.

I'm grateful I was allowed to have my device removed after dealing with this company for 36 months.

User's recommendation: No, No, No - Stay Away.

Lockout fine

Hi Grant, sorry to hear you got a LO while your car was being worked on. I do see you had vehicle maintenance listed on your account. Now, while this coding wont prevent a lockout from taking place, it does prevent you from having to pay the lockout fee. I do see the credit was already placed on your account 5-19-21. Let me know if you still having any problems with your billing. I can be reached at 515-204-2573 or 515-461-2248 thank you.
ID

I got my windows tinted. Truck was not running.

Yet still got a lockout. No one tried to start it either.

Contact Intoxalock Customer Service

Phone:
(877) 777-5020
Contact Intoxalock Customer Service

Billing

Hi Amber, ill have someone contact you to see if your still in need of assistance. Just for future reference, the customer service line is 877-777-5020.
Price reduction

Update by user Jun 17, 2021

Intoxalock honestly sucks, it constantly gives my car a dead battery and when I have issues and need to talk to someone I can’t ever get ahold of someone. Seems as if pissed consumer is the only way I can get any help. I’m super annoyed with Intoxalock and considering a new vendor

Original review posted by user May 18, 2021

Cant get ahold of agent on the phone, it just goes to recordings.....................................

Intoxalock's reply to:

Got violation for leaving keys in ignition while showering at moms house

To follow up on your complaints and get in contact with a supervisor, please call 515-204-2573 or 515-461-2248 . The supervisor you speak with will work with you to resolve the problems in your review. Thank you for your valuable feedback, it is greatly appreciated.
Let the company propose a solution

I turned car off went in to take shower at mother's house cuz hot water tank broke at mine , left keys in ignition came back out and I had s violation. Now my service center is closed been working 12 hour days and haven't been able to call while he was Open and I don't have any way to get my device reset before lock out

Intoxalock's reply to:

Somehow my automatic start must of went off and false started my vehicle

We take all feedback very seriously and we'd like to speak with you about the details in your review. An Intoxalock member will be reaching out to you to help alleviate your issues and ensure you are receiving the best Ignition Interlock program experience. You may also reach out to me directly at 515-204-2573 or 515-461-2248
ID

I will manage to by having to pay an absolutely ridiculous fee of $75 for doing absolutely nothing while not even near my car. This is absurd

Intoxalock's reply to:

Intoxalock is taking peoples money

Hello Laquita, I tried to pull up the account via the E-mail you left and its pulling up an account in TN to a customer that doesn't have your name. could you verify your customer ID number so that i can locate your account. you can also reach out to me on my direct line of 515-204-2573 or 515-461-2248. thank you
ID

They have charged us for 2 lockouts, which is false. Not fair. Its a rip off but we cant do anything about it

180 day review

Intoxalock - 180 day review
I need an 180 day review sent to the wa stage dol Vancouver wa they are saying theres no data from august to February so I either need that or I need a refund for those 6 months or a credit for 6 months if I have to get it reinstalled again even tho you guys scheduled my removal and I paid every month and the dol told me I had zero days remaining for my Intoxalock

User's recommendation: They will screw you over take your money and not send in your compliance make up fake violations just to get more and more money thief’s liars and crooks.

$2000
180 day review to wa state dol or a full refund for august to February

Services

Cant get an actual human on the phone for customer service. Some *** Many different numbers listed online but they all connect to the automated services.

User's recommendation: Go with a different company.

Service
Intoxalock Technical Support

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article