Turnaround Time

Fully aware of the statistics of drunk driving.

Fully aware and appreciative of the privledge of a restricted license I was given by the State of MI.

The statistics of the ignition interlock helping people regain their license CANT be good.

I commited my offenses in my late teens as a young stupid boy, 4-5 years ago.

I complied with the terms of my probation. I spent countless hours and dollars on counseling.

This interlock device sets people up for failure. NOT because they are drinking, but because it is impossible to keep up with its faults. I have replaced AT LEAST 4 batteries over the two years, and paid for tows to and from recalibrations. I have now had my license revocation reinstated because of missed retests due to low voltage.

I use my car to perform my job as a service technician in heating and cooling and so now have not been able to support my family for 4 months, waiting on the decision from the state appealing that violation. I feel like this is MORE criminal that the crime I commited.

Something is wrong here. Something stinks and smells corrupt to me.

I just borrowed $400 to get my interlock re calibrated in the fear that this what was the State was waiting for. Nobody to ask. Dead battery again. Its the weekend and nobody but an answering machine available to talk to until monday.

You tell me how a person can function using this device. Its impossible.

I would think with current technology, there would be a device that would NOT drain your battery.

Product or Service Mentioned: Intoxalock Ignition Interlock Device.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

• People vs intoxalock

Comments

LuxuriousPanther

Intoxalock is a criminal...not you! It’s ALL about he money to them.

Great thing is, it’s NOT mandatory in CO to have this device installed. I too had to cough up serious $ due to it draining my battery, paying my mechanic, roadside assistance AND had to buy a rechargeable jump starter. There’s no way to remove your credit card info from their web site either, so canceled my credit card. People....TAKE UBER OR LYFT during your restricted drivers license period!

It’s MUCH cheaper than throwing your money down the drain on an UNEEDED device! It’s not mandatory to have this installed in your car if you’ve been convicted of a DUI!